Zucchini Beef Soup
My garden produces a bumper crop of zucchini, and I hate to see even one go to waste. This satisfying soup is a simple solution. The broth is delicious.—Robert Keith, Rochester, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add zucchini and spaghetti; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until zucchini and spaghetti are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Beef Soup in Taste of Home August/September 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.