Zucchini Beef Pizza Recipe
- 4 cups shredded peeled zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, rice, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs until well blended. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is set and lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, oregano and salt. Spoon over zucchini crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 412 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Pizza
"This recipe is awesome. It is a great way to use zucchini."
"I am gluten free and this recipe is easy to convert to gluten free since the crust is made of rice, zucchini and other non-bread ingredients. My whole family loved this. They gobbled it up and didn't care that it was good for them! I used brown rice instead of white, which made this recipe even healthier. A+++"