Zucchini Beef Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30
- 4 cups shredded peeled zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, rice, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs until well blended. Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is set and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, oregano and salt. Spoon over zucchini crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2011
This recipe is awesome. It is a great way to use zucchini.
Sep 3, 2010
I am gluten free and this recipe is easy to convert to gluten free since the crust is made of rice, zucchini and other non-bread ingredients. My whole family loved this. They gobbled it up and didn't care that it was good for them! I used brown rice instead of white, which made this recipe even healthier. A+++