- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg, bananas, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews forZucchini Banana Bread
"Swapped out the nuts to cinnamon chips due to allergies. Great for breakfast, the lunch box or a midnight snack!"
"easy, and a great way to use some of the abundance of summer zucchini. I baked in regular loaf pans. I did not have banana extract, so use a bit of orange emulsion-and it was a lovely flavor. These are very moist."
"I used coconut oil and 1/2 sugar and1/2 stevia. I doubled batch and came out excellent!!! Made3 loafs 8x4 . I will do this again!! love it :]"
"Great tasting and easy. I had no banana extract or walnuts so left them out but added some dark choc chips and halved the sugar. I used a chopper instead of grater for zucchini - easier. Doubled recipes and got 4 8 x 4 inch loaves. Added this recipe to my favorites. Very moist. Had one slice and it is killing me to not cut myself another!"
"My new favorite recipe! I'll never make plain old banana bread again! My husband loved it. His friends loved it. Moist & delicious!!!"
"These were quickly eaten! I did not measure my bananas or zucchini, ended up with 4 perfect little loaves of bread. Baked according to directions. As a Taste of Home volunteer food editor I enjoy making classic recipes that combine ingredients I have on-hand. Highly recommend!"
"Made it in one large loaf pan as well. Awesome bread and so very moist."
"This is SO delicious. My husband doesn't like banana bread, and he loved this!! So moist and bursting with flavor. I didn't have banana extract, so I added another very ripe banana. Excellent!!!"
"Excellent! Made it a few weeks ago and froze it, pulled it out this AM and the family tore it up. Extremely moist!"