Zucchini Anise Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, walnuts, raisins and carrot. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 24, 2015
I grow zucchini each year and like to try new recipes. This is absolutely a must for baking. Love it and my friends love it. The carrots, raisins, walnuts and zucchini makes it a great breakfast treat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.