Zucchini and Corn-Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, corn and 2 tablespoons cheese. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 1/2 cup zucchini mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining cheese. Spoon remaining zucchini mixture around chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 29, 2012
If this recipe had more flavor and did not turn out like rubber I might have tried it again. The only thing positive I can say about it was that it is a healty alternative if you don't care about taste. It is not the worst thing I have eaten but not worth making again.
Jun 13, 2011
This was very colorful with the zucchini and corn. However, I would add more seasoning, and the cooking time should be increased by at least 15 minutes.
Jun 12, 2009
This is an AMAZING recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.