Zucchini and Corn Saute
I fix this vegetable side dish often to put a big crop of zucchini to good use. Corn and bell peppers add color and flair. It goes great with any summer meal, but I always serve it with roast pork. -Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil, optional
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and peppers in oil until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until the corn is tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Zucchini and Corn Saute in Taste of Home June/July 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.