- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini (7 to 8 ounces each), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Combine first five ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes; remove.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture. Cook until set, gently lifting edges of cooked egg to allow liquid to run underneath. Top with zucchini mixture, diced tomato and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle basil on top. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZucchini & Gouda Skillet Frittata
"This recipe is so full of flavor and so much good stuff - I did chop the ingredients up a bit more but it is a keeper and loved the gouda in it"