Zu-Key-ni Dill Muffins
These light muffins are a favorite menu item at the historic Baldpate Inn, where I'm innkeeper and cook.—The Baldpate Inn, Lois Smith, Estes Park, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add zucchini and stir until coated. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 21, 2013
My husband and I love these muffins. They are so light and delicious. We even had them for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, pear preserves, etc. You must try them.