Ziti Supper for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 372 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 6, 2010
We love this recipe. I do not use the olives. I add some drained canned mushrooms and it was great. Yummy!
Jan 5, 2010
Easy and delicious! I have made it twice so far and will keep this recipe around to make regularly.
Oct 13, 2009
If you are on a low salt diet, this is not the recipe for you. This recipe has more salt than is necessary for anyone.