Ziti Supper for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce with meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, olives and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 372 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 6, 2010
We love this recipe. I do not use the olives. I add some drained canned mushrooms and it was great. Yummy!
Jan 5, 2010
Easy and delicious! I have made it twice so far and will keep this recipe around to make regularly.
Oct 13, 2009
If you are on a low salt diet, this is not the recipe for you. This recipe has more salt than is necessary for anyone.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.