Ziti Casserole Recipe
Sometime I have to double this recipe because my husband has been known to have third or fourth helpings!
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 Italian sausage link (about 1/4 pound), casing removed
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Crumble sausage into a skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine the sausage mixture, pasta, spaghetti sauce, wine or broth if desired and seasonings.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 550 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1306mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Ziti Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC