Zippy Vegetable Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring onions, peppers and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salsa and seasonings; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes. Add beans and corn; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish each serving with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2013
My family was looking for a meatless chili and love this recipe. I sauted minced garlic with the peppers instead of using the garlic powder, just because that is what we had. This is a quick meal that everyone enjoys.
Aug 14, 2012
Just loved this! So easy! A wonderful dish to have available for a quick, healthy lunch. I used fresh salsa, 1 can Rotel and 1 can diced tomatoes and was very happy with the spiciness. I usually have all these ingredients on hand and will definitely be making this again! Thanks, Patricia!