Zippy Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash celery salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple, tuna, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings. Add to tuna mixture; mix well. Chill. Add pecans just before serving.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 260 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 9, 2011
There is nothing "zippy" about this tuna salad. I'm sorry for saying this, but, I thought this was "the worst" tasting tuna salad I have ever made. I wish I would of made a tuna casserole rather than making this sandwich!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.