- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili starter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook steak and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomatoes and chili starter. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with cheese, onion and sour cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forZippy Steak Chili
"At the end of the recipe, it said to use Bush's chili Starter. I googled Bush's products and this is what I found....http://www.bushbeans.com/products/otherbeans.php Scroll down until you find the chili Magic Starter. You have to add meat and tomato the description says...and it shows a picture of the product. I hope this helps. Well, you will have to cut & paste...I can't get it to make a link...sorry.... I have never used this product but LOVE Bush's products. I use the medium chili Beans seen on the above page. The only beans I'll use to make chili. "