Zippy Shrimp Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 312 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 23, 2015
In the first bite, my husband called is restaurant quality! We really enjoyed this one and will surely make it again! Next time, I will try Gluten free pasta!
Jul 7, 2010
I added 1 cup of evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese to thicken it, to the shrimp and veggies. After adding the pasta I added the parsley, basil, and 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme. I served it with shredded parmesan cheese.
Nov 4, 2009
everyone loves it. If making it for the kids I go light on the red pepper.
Feb 8, 2009
Terrific dish. A big hit with my husband and made enough for leftovers--even better!