Zippy Shrimp Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the shrimp, garlic and pepper flakes in oil and butter for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add the zucchini, summer squash, carrots and broccoli to same skillet; stir-fry for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Drain the pasta; add to skillet along with the parsley, basil and salt. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 312 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 23, 2015
In the first bite, my husband called is restaurant quality! We really enjoyed this one and will surely make it again! Next time, I will try Gluten free pasta!
Jul 7, 2010
I added 1 cup of evaporated milk and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese to thicken it, to the shrimp and veggies. After adding the pasta I added the parsley, basil, and 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme. I served it with shredded parmesan cheese.
Nov 4, 2009
everyone loves it. If making it for the kids I go light on the red pepper.
Feb 8, 2009
Terrific dish. A big hit with my husband and made enough for leftovers--even better!