Zippy Sausage Chili Recipe
Our family loves Mexican food, but I wasn't happy with any chili recipes I came across. So I decided to make up my own. It's a winner with everyone who tries it.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan or soup kettle, cook the sausage, carrot, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 289 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Sausage Chili
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC