- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the rice and jalapenos; toss to coat. Stir in the broth, cumin and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add cilantro. Fluff with a fork; serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZippy Rice Pilaf
"Really tasty. Wouldn't change a thing"