Zippy Praline Bacon Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange bacon in a single layer in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pans. Bake 10 minutes; carefully pour off drippings.
- 2. Mix brown sugar and chili powder; sprinkle over bacon. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake until bacon is crisp, 5-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Yield: about 10 servings.
2 slices: 117 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Zippy Praline Bacon
"This is so good! Began preparing this crazy combination a number of years ago after watching a cooking television show. Since I have metal cookie cooling racks, I lay racks on top of foiled jelly roll pans. Greece drips off bacon and keeps it crispy. This is a frequent appetizer at our house for parties. No one can resist it. "Pig Candy" is a great game day tradition!"
"Perhaps this is a combination that I have to get used to. This was too sweet for me on my bacon."