Zippy Pork Chili Verde
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups green salsa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2019
Really loved this! I did season the pork first, using cumin, garlic, chili powder, onion powder and then added the other items. Also, I simmered the on the stove for about 2 hours. I cut the top off of a jalapeno, and let it cook inside for a little heat. so delicious!