Zippy Pork Chili Verde
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups green salsa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 13, 2019
Really loved this! I did season the pork first, using cumin, garlic, chili powder, onion powder and then added the other items. Also, I simmered the on the stove for about 2 hours. I cut the top off of a jalapeno, and let it cook inside for a little heat. so delicious!