Zippy Paprika Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Southwest marinade mix
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the paprika, marinade mix, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the water, soy sauce and lemon juice to skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2011
We love this recipe! The smashed potatoes and roasted asparagus she serves with it are also very good.
Feb 3, 2011
This is so good. What I do, though, is use tequilla instead of water, some kosher salt instead of soy sauce, and lime juice instead of lemon juice. The recipe as written is excellent, too.
Jan 30, 2011
Very good recipe.
Mar 5, 2009
My family loves this recipe. It's a nice change from other crumb-coated chicken recipes that I prepare. Be sure to make the sour cream sauce to go with it. The combination of flavors is amazing!