Zippy Ground Beef Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, honey, chili powder and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Add sour cream; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil).
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 307 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 9, 2016
Great recipe! My family has been making a version of this for 20 years. We often us ground pork in it as well. We usually do not add the salt. Kids and adults love it. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home, I love using recipes that can be quickly prepared with food on hand.
Sep 16, 2015
Simple, hearty and delicious. Also great over mashed potatoes instead of the pasta.
Jul 23, 2011
sounds good!!! have to try