"This is a nice sandwich for hot summer days or picnics," says Jackie Smulski of Lyons, Illinois. "If you're in a hurry, you can use pre-cooked chicken tenders."
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- Sliced avocado, sliced ripe olives and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in butter until no longer pink. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes and onions.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with avocado and olives. Fold sides over filling and secure with a toothpick if desired. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zippy Chicken Wraps in Country Woman May/June 2006, p45
Reviews forZippy Chicken Wraps
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review