Zippy Cheese Log
Because of popular demand, my pretty cheese log has become a tasty tradition at our women's Christmas brunch. As soon as the ladies try a bite, I start getting requests for the recipe. —Evangeline Rew, Manassas, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese logs (about 1-3/4 cups each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Parmesan Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix until blended.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 13x9-in. dish with waxed paper. Spread cheese mixture evenly in dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove waxed paper with cheese from dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons parsley in a 13x1-in. strip 1/2 in. from 1 long edge. Sprinkle ham over remaining cheese mixture.
- Starting with parsley edge, carefully roll up jelly-roll style. Combine walnuts and remaining parsley; roll log in parsley mixture. Cut log in half; wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 56 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Zippy Cheese Log in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.