- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned green, sweet red and/or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pizza crust; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 6-in. squares. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with eight slices pepperoni and 3 tablespoons cottage cheese.
- Combine pepper and onion; place 1/4 cup mixture on each square; top with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forZippy Calzones
"This is quick, ease and delishious. I have made it several times & added different meats to it. I love the taste the cottage cheese gives it."
"Calzones are great because everyone can have their own filling. I also like a little pizza sauce in mine...or serve pizza sauce and/or ranch on the side for dipping!"
"I could only make two calzones out of mine.. because I loaded mine up with a lot of pepperoni!! :) THEY WERE SO GOOD!"