Zippy Beef Supper
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add potatoes; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the soups, tomatoes, cumin and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 589 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2019
My family enjoyed this quick supper. I served with sour cream and guacamole. A salad would be good with it or turn it into a taco salad. Next time I will add a can of black beans.
Jun 25, 2014
This recipe has been a favorite of our family of 8 since it first appeared in QC in 1999. Most of our six kids are grown & have homes of their own now, but this is one of my most-requested recipes from them! I frequently skip the potatoes, but that's the only change I've made to the recipe. When our garden is abundant, we add fresh tomatoes for a special treat!
Sep 24, 2012
We liked this recipe. I used only 1 lb of ground beef and more potatoes. I used the cubed potatoes you can get in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. I will definitely make this again. Ground beef and potatoes makes me a happy girl!
Sep 4, 2011
We love this recipe. I often use the cubed potatoes that you can find in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. It's a bit spicy. I usually use regular diced tomatoes instead of Rotel. It's a favorite. I've passed it along to others and they liked it as well.
Jan 6, 2011
This simple recipe was a big hit with my whole family. We love the flavor. I used frozen hashbrowns, so it was super fast. I would suggest topping with sour cream and salsa to liven it up before serving!