- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add potatoes; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in the soups, tomatoes, cumin and garlic powder; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forZippy Beef Supper
"This recipe has been a favorite of our family of 8 since it first appeared in QC in 1999. Most of our six kids are grown & have homes of their own now, but this is one of my most-requested recipes from them! I frequently skip the potatoes, but that's the only change I've made to the recipe. When our garden is abundant, we add fresh tomatoes for a special treat!"
"We love this recipe. I often use the cubed potatoes that you can find in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. It's a bit spicy. I usually use regular diced tomatoes instead of Rotel. It's a favorite. I've passed it along to others and they liked it as well."
"This simple recipe was a big hit with my whole family. We love the flavor. I used frozen hashbrowns, so it was super fast. I would suggest topping with sour cream and salsa to liven it up before serving!"