- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, tomatoes, broth, corn and green chilies. Stir in the water, carrots, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZippy Bean Stew
"it was ok but probably won't make again"
"Great flavor. I chopped up some cooked chicken breast and added that. This recipe is a keeper for sure."
"One of my favorite winter recipes. I add sausage or ground turkey to make it a little more hearty and serve it over brown rice."