Ziploc Sweet ‘N’ Tangy Freezer Pickles
Now you can have all the goodness of crunchy, sweet-sour pickles without going to the trouble of canning them. A batch of these puckery slices can keep in the freezer for up to 6 weeks—but they never last that long at my house!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + freezing
- 10 to 12 medium pickling cucumbers (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- In a large container, combine the cucumbers, onions, green pepper and 2 tablespoons salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, celery seed and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Spoon over cucumber mixture. Pour into jars or Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Twist ‘n Loc® Containers. Cool.
- Top with lids. Cover and freeze for up to 6 weeks. Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours before serving.