Ziploc Strawberry Orange Spread
I wrap up this refreshing spread with jar toppers made from Christmasy fabric. It looks so festive tucked in a basket alongside homemade cookies.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing
Makesabout 4-1/2 cups
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine the strawberries, orange juice and orange peel. Stir in pectin. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar; return to a rolling boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or Ziploc® Brand Containers with Snap ‘n Seal® Lids; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze.
Originally published as Strawberry Orange Spread in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.