VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Strain to remove seeds if desired. Chill until serving.
- Combine sour cream and sugar until smooth; place in a Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Easy Zipper Storage Bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe two thin concentric circles 1/2 in. apart on top of each bowl of soup. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a toothpick through both circles toward outer edge. Wipe toothpick clean. Draw toothpick from outer edge of bowl back to center. Repeat to complete star pattern. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Starry Fruit Soup in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p62