Ziploc Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Fried ice cream is a favorite dessert at Mexican restaurants. Now you can make it at home as an impressive finale to your homecooked fiesta.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place 9 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage Bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls. Drizzle with honey and garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.