Ziploc Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Fried ice cream is a favorite dessert at Mexican restaurants. Now you can make it at home as an impressive finale to your homecooked fiesta.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place 9 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze overnight. Wrap each scoop in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage Bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in chilled bowls. Drizzle with honey and garnish with whipped topping if desired.
Originally published as Mexican Fried Ice Cream in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.