Ziploc Light Chicken Kabobs
Nothing captures the taste of summer like these flavorful kabobs sizzling on the grill. Best of all, they're easy to make ahead and grill in less than 30 minutes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into 18 wedges
- 18 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut each chicken breast half into three lengthwise strips. Place the chicken in a large Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage Bag. Place the green peppers, onions and mushrooms in another large Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage Bag.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Remove 1/3 cup; cover and refrigerate. Divide the remaining salad dressing mixture between the chicken and the vegetables; seal both bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables on 18 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade occasionally.