Ziploc Crab Bisque
I love to try new recipes. This hearty chowder has a rich creamy broth that's swimming with tasty chunks of crab and crunchy corn.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, saute celery, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the next nine ingredients; mix well. Stir in crab; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Transfer to a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap ‘n Seal® Lid; cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally published as Crab Bisque in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010