Ziploc Cordon Bleu Pork Chops
This recipe is a variation on one I found in a church cookbook. I prepare these cheesy chops year-round...on vacation, at tailgate parties or at home.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chop. Combine the next 10 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large Ziploc® Fresh Shield® Double Zipper Storage bag or shallow glass container. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Drain pork and discard marinade. Insert a ham/cheese roll in each pocket; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade, for 25-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove toothpicks.