Zesty Winter Vegetables Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds pearl onions
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut brussels sprouts in half. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. In a small bowl, combine the flour, allspice, cream and horseradish.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the vegetables, cream mixture and thyme. Cook and stir until cream mixture is thickened and vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 206 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Winter Vegetables
"It was very good but next time, I would cut down on the onions. Maybe to 1 lb. or less. Maybe add a little touch of salt & pepper to taste. But we loved the flavor of the horseradish! It was a very good dish and went well with the beef tenderloin I had also made from this website!"
"We had this for Thanksgiving, it was terrific, loved the zip of the horseradish!"