Zesty Vegetable Salad
"This fresh-tasting medley is a terrific way to use your garden bounty," says Dana Nemecek of Skiatook, Oklahoma. "When people rave about it, I'm almost embarrassed to tell them how easy it is to make."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 29 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Zesty Vegetable Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999