Zesty Turkey Chili
For a change from your traditional chili, try this version with turkey. The spices will make it so zippy, you will want to have this on every cool day.—Margareta Thorner, Carlsbad, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, drained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add chilies and seasonings; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and turkey; simmer 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Zesty Turkey Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.