Zesty Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer half of the mixture to a large bowl; stir in oats. Set remaining ketchup mixture aside for basting. Crumble turkey over oat mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with ketchup mixture. Serve on lettuce-lined buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2014
Mar 6, 2012
Delish! I loved them. I was planning to grill them, but the patties seemed so moist that I was afraid to do so. I broiled them instead, and they turned out great!
Aug 29, 2011
I made this exactly as written except I had 20 oz of ground turkey instead of 16. I found the burgers to be very moist and flavorful, but I think the moisture from all the ingredients made the burgers not hold together well. I will make again, but cut back on the wet ingredients a bit. Very delicious burger!
Jul 27, 2011
These turkey burgers were sooo good, we just made them for lunch today! Since the turkey I bought was quite lean, we made sure to oil the grill very well and had absolutely no problems with sticking. I also added a teaspoon of salt and upped the red pepper flakes to 1/2 teaspoon plus an additional clove of garlic because we like it spicy. LOVED the grill flavor!
Jun 4, 2011
The worst recipe I have ever tried from this site. No flavor whatsoever, stuck horribly to the grill. Will never even consider making again,
May 30, 2011
made these awhile ago, husband doesn'tlike turkey, so I froze what I couldn't eat, using release aluminum foil, loved them, thanks, this is the only turkey burger I ever tried. but I was satisfied, thanks again.
Jun 6, 2010
To make this healthier I use extra lean ground white turkey, it cuts the calories in half. We are on Weight Watchers and this is only 3pts, and is very good...
Jul 4, 2009
Very tasty, my family and I love these burgers!
May 26, 2009
These were delicious!