Zesty Tomato Zucchini Toss
Summer barbecues at our 10-acre spread usually include this tangy salad because it goes so well with grilled met. Everyone loves the flavor—I know this for a fact because they always come back for seconds!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, layer tomatoes, zucchini, onion and parsley. Whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Tomato Zucchini Toss in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.