Zesty Tomato Zucchini Toss
Summer barbecues at our 10-acre spread usually include this tangy salad because it goes so well with grilled met. Everyone loves the flavor—I know this for a fact because they always come back for seconds!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, layer tomatoes, zucchini, onion and parsley. Whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Tomato Zucchini Toss in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook