Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 taco shells
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare taco shells according to package directions. Stir peas into skillet; heat through. Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture into each taco shell. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Drizzle with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2015
The black-eyed peas were a nice addition.
Jan 8, 2011
Using black-eyed peas and italian dressing as ingredients for tacos is a great idea! My husband and I really liked this recipe and will put this in our dinner rotation. Thanks!
Oct 30, 2010
Very tasty twist on a traditional taco.Loved it!
Sep 27, 2010
Really refreshing with the blackeyed peas & italian dressing. Delicious!
Aug 23, 2009
This was so good! My teenage son ate five of them!