"People are pleasantly surprised to find corn in the stuffing of these hearty peppers," confides Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle over medium-high heat, cook peppers in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Loosely stuff into peppers. Place in a 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are done and filling is hot. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p45
Reviews forZesty Stuffed Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review