Zesty Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 149 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Steak Salad
"Oh boy, my husband an I love this. Have made this several times. I keep the steak whole, tenderize it and put it in a bag with the Worcestershire sauce and let it marinade all day. We grill it and then slice it and add it to the veggies that are almost cooked. Great meal."