Zesty Spinach Mushroom Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach and mushrooms. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 71 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 14, 2016
This is a good basic spinach salad recipe. I doubled the dressing ingredients and swapped red wine vinegar for the cider vinegar because it is what I had on hand. I added sliced hardboiled eggs and chopped, crispy bacon to the spinach and mushrooms for added protein, color, crunch, and taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.