Zesty Spinach Mushroom Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach and mushrooms. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 71 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 14, 2016
This is a good basic spinach salad recipe. I doubled the dressing ingredients and swapped red wine vinegar for the cider vinegar because it is what I had on hand. I added sliced hardboiled eggs and chopped, crispy bacon to the spinach and mushrooms for added protein, color, crunch, and taste.