This chunky and colorful salsa, from Susan Causey of Columbia, Louisiana, is the ideal companion for crispy tortilla chips and goes together in a jiffy.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 53 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Salsa in Taste of Home June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.