Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Served over a bed of crisp mixed greens with tasty toppings, this vinaigrette adds a touch of restaurant flair. The good news is, both the salad and dressing are simple enough to prepare in your own kitchen!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, peeled and chopped
- Place garlic and red pepper in a food processor. Cover and process until minced. Add vinegar, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and pulse until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process mixture until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, cheese, red onion and eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat.
Originally published as Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Cooking School Quick Cooking Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.