Served over a bed of crisp mixed greens with tasty toppings, this vinaigrette adds a touch of restaurant flair. The good news is, both the salad and dressing are simple enough to prepare in your own kitchen!
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, peeled and chopped
- Place garlic and red pepper in a food processor. Cover and process until minced. Add vinegar, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and pulse until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process mixture until thickened.
- In a large serving bowl, combine mixed greens, cheese, red onion and eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Salad Greens with Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2008, p35