- 6 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Arrange potatoes and onion in an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine butter, pepper flakes and salt; drizzle over potatoes and onion. Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forZesty Red Potatoes
"Simple side dish for any weeknight. Great flavor and goes with anything!"
"Made for dinner tonight got good reviews!! will make it again. I did add bacon bits.."
"Solid recipe. Good starting point. Can personalize to your own taste with add ins like bacon, cheese, etc..."
"I think this is a good bacis recipe that can be customized to individual taste. I will make again, but will try adding some bell peppers or maybe crumbled bacon and cheese for additional flavor. Good starting point though for a simple casserole."
"We just didn't care for these potatoes at all. The red pepper flavor was great, but they were so greasy with all that butter. We did like them fried up as homefries for breakfast the next morning."
"Love this recipe. Always gets great reviews."
"A zingy surprise awaits you--these perky potatoes are scarfed up in no time--my family asks for this one again and again."
"Some recipies I just keep making. I always get positive feedback on these."
"My family really liked these potatoes, they had a good zippy flavor with the added crushed red pepper flakes. They want the potatoes made often."