Zesty Pretzel Nuggets
Ordinary pretzels just don't compare to these easily seasoned nuggets. I've been making them for guests during the holidays for years and they never fail to please.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) pretzel nuggets
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the oil, dressing mix, steak seasoning, cayenne and dill. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning. Look for it in the spice aisle.
Originally published as Zesty Pretzel Nuggets in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004