Some of our friends made up this marinade but weren't able to give me exact measurements. I experimented until I came up with this recipe, which tastes as good as theirs. —Patty Collins, Morgantown, Indiana
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for dipping; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm reserved marinade; serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Pork Medallions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p217