Some of our friends made up this marinade but weren't able to give me exact measurements. I experimented until I came up with this recipe, which tastes as good as theirs. —Patty Collins, Morgantown, Indiana
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Set aside 1 cup for dipping; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Warm the dipping sauce; serve with sliced pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Pork Medallions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p217