Zesty Pork Medallions
Some of our friends made up this marinade but weren't able to give me exact measurements. I experimented until I came up with this recipe, which tastes as good as theirs. —Patty Collins, Morgantown, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1 cup for dipping; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm reserved marinade; serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 171 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Zesty Pork Medallions in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.